Investigators call Maryland Street house fire arson
BATON ROUGE - Investigators have determined that a fire at a vacant house in the 2200 block of Maryland Street was caused by arson.
Firefighters said they responded to the scene of the fire just before 5 a.m. Friday, and they had it under control within 20 minutes of their arrival.
The house was unoccupied at the time of the fire. Initial investigation indicates the fire was the result of arson.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department will continue to investigate.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Funeral service held in Lafayette for former Gov. Kathleen Blanco
Local customers may be affected as AT&T employees go on strike
Drainage crews prepare for potential weekend downpour
Man who claimed God told him to cause deadly crash being sent...
Algae continues to take over LSU lakes, fish ordered