BRFD: Fire caused by person smoking in bed
BATON ROUGE- Fire officials are looking into a house fire that they say was caused by a person smoking in bed.
Authorities responded to the fire in the 3000 block of Seneca Street around 5 a.m. Monday. Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman, Mark Miles, said the building suffered about $40,000 of damage due to the flames and heavy smoke.
According to Miles, there were four people inside the house when the fire broke out.
Red Cross is assisting the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
9-year-old from Prairieville stars in the Hallmark Channel's new Christmas movie
Families excited for return of Festival of Lights to Downtown Baton Rouge
As deadline approaches, 1600 kids remain without a sponsor in Salvation Army's...
Jury convicts Melanie Curtin of raping unconscious victim at deputy's home
'Devastsating': Defense attorneys react to Melanie Curtin's conviction
WATCH: New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge
High school coaches give Brian Kelly advice on how to tackle recruiting...
See the contract to get Brian Kelly as the new LSU Football...
Fans share their excitement about new LSU head coach Brian Kelly
New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge