Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Residents can file for temporary housing aid extension

7 years 1 week 5 days ago Wednesday, September 21 2016 Sep 21, 2016 September 21, 2016 1:48 PM September 21, 2016 in News
Source: WBRZ

BATON ROUGE – Residents who need extended temporary housing assistance from FEMA must provide proper documents to make the request.

According to FEMA, residents that are eligible for the extension can use the temporary housing assistance to pay for a place to live.

 To receive the extension, residents must demonstrate that they have a disaster related financial need, and complete the following paperwork:

                Temporary housing assistance form. (Contact FEMA if you haven’t received a form)

                A copy of your lease

                Receipts showing proper use of federal disaster housing assistance

                Current household income status

                Any household financial obligations


If you have questions, contact the FEMA helpline at 800-6211-3362.

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
7 Days