Two dogs die in apartment fire on Brogdon Lane
BATON ROUGE - Fire crews put out a blaze that killed two dogs Saturday afternoon.
Around 4:36 p.m. firefighters responded to the 12000 block of Brogdon Lane near Stumberg Lane.
The apartment fire was caused by a pot left on the stove while a tenant was cooking.
According to a report, when the resident left the kitchen for an unknown amount of time, they returned to see flames coming from the kitchen.
The tenant who was in a wheel chair made it out safely with the assistance of a neighbor. Two dogs died by smoke.
One apartment received heavy fire and smoke damage while the apartment below received water damage.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Mental hospital for 'dangerous' patients won't be built in BR neighborhood; lawmakers...
Tigerland bar actively training employees to promote safer nights out
Egg prices are declining, but experts say it's still not a bad...
Homeless encampment continues to worry nearby Baton Rouge homeowners
BRPD launches crime analysis dashboard for public to see real-time trends in...