Latest Weather Blog
Several Louisiana state parks closed due to Harvey
Several state parks across Louisiana have closed due to inclement weather brought on by Tropical Storm Harvey.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the following parks have been closed:
• Fairview-Riverside SP: closed until Monday, Sept. 4, due to high water in the park and over the entrance roads.
• Cypremort Point SP: Closed through Sunday, Sept. 3; however, the park is now 2-3 feet under water.
• Fontainebleau SP day-use is closed until Friday, Sept. 1, due to high water in the area.
• Grand Isle SP is closed until Friday, Sept. 1, due to high water over the roads
• Lake Fausse Pointe SP: Closed through Sunday, Sept. 3, due to roads leading to the park being under water.
• Palmetto Island SP: Closed through Thursday, Aug. 31, due to flooding over the park's entrance road.
• Sam Houston Jones SP: Closed through Sunday, Sept. 3, due to high water in the park.
• Tickfaw SP is closed until Tuesday, Sept. 5, due to high water over the road leading to the park and along the river in the park.
The state parks' Facebook page says reopening dates are contingent upon damage or continued severe weather conditions.
The state will continue to monitor the weather, as excessive rainfall is expected for southwest Louisiana and extending east along the coast.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Baker School Board approves teacher raises during Tuesday evening meeting
New bill adds option to donate bone marrow to state registration
Third graders who fail new reading test three times will not advance...
'We were set up for failure:' White Castle Police Department runs out...
Man beaten to death in Baton Rouge was father of officer killed...
LSU blasts 4 homers in 13-7 win over Oregon State to advance...
LSU baseball prepares for NCAA Regional play
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season