Report: 2-year-old dies after choking at New Orleans preschool center
NEW ORLEANS - A toddler has died after choking during lunch at a Louisiana preschool center Thursday.
According to a report from WWL, a release from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary confirmed the young girl's death.
The report says 2-year-old Isabella Magee was having lunch around noon when she began choking. Members of the preschool staff and emergency responders reportedly tried to resuscitate the child but were unsuccessful.
“Our hearts are overwhelmed with sadness in the loss of one so young," NOBTS President Chuck Kelley said in a statement. "May all of us join together in praying for God’s grace, comfort, and strength to minister to this family and all of those affected by this tragic loss.”
According to the seminary, 76 children are currently enrolled at the NOBTS preschool.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Driver arrested for crashing U-Haul into police unit, other vechiles
Driver to see traffic changes along I-10 near Highland Road
Baton Rouge woman's harrowing story of survival after contracting Hepatitis A
Man in custody after eight-hour long standoff with Baton Rouge Police
All lanes now OPEN on Sunshine Bridge after tanker ship collision
'That's typical LSU;' Tailgating underway ahead of Baton Rouge Super Regional
PREVIEW: Southern breaks down Starkville Regional
LSU softball lands national No. 10 seed
Balancing Football and Track: The story of Kary Vincent Jr.
Sha'Carri Richardson's impressive impact on LSU Track and Field