Pot left unattended causes house fire on Tennessee Street
BATON ROUGE - A pot left unattended on a stove caused a house fire on Tennessee Street early Saturday morning.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, firefighters were called to the 1900 block of Tennessee Street around 2:59 a.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find fire coming from the rear of the house. The neighbors knocked on the door to wake up the residence that were asleep when the fire started.
Everyone inside escaped safely. Firefighters did not find a working smoke detector in the house.
The house is considered a total loss, and a neighboring house received about $15,000 worth of damage.
Red Cross was called to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court clears Senate Judiciary Committee
Iris asks community to take a stand as domestic violence cases increase
Preparations for tonight's presidential debate
Louisiana's COVID-19 vaccination plan submitted, under review
Traffic jams in Livingston Parish prompt lawmakers to take action