92°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Cigarette reportedly caused early-morning fire that left home total loss

1 month 1 day 21 hours ago Monday, May 20 2024 May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024 6:24 AM May 20, 2024 in News
Source: WBRZ

BATON ROUGE - Investigators said a cigarette started a fire that left a home a total loss. 

The fire started at a home on Louise at McCalop Street near I-10 shortly before 6 a.m.. A firefighter on his way to work reportedly saw smoke coming from the home and contacted 911 before helping the resident out. 

One person was displaced and there were no injuries. 

The Red Cross was called to assist the resident. 

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Radar
7 Days