Man hospitalized after being rescued from burning apartment
BATON ROUGE - A man was rushed to the hospital after being rescued from a burning and smoke-filled apartment overnight.
Firefighters were dispatched to an apartment complex on Sharp Lane, just north of Florida, shortly before 4 a.m. Firefighters said the blaze started by unattended cooking items.
Firefighters found and rescued the man from in the apartment in the 600 block of Sharp. He was taken to the hospital where he was last listed in critical condition.
The fire was contained to the kitchen but the entire unit received heavy smoke damage, the fire department reported.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
St. George annexation petition expected to be filed Monday
Pointe Coupee Parish prioritzed 30 roads for repair
Planned implosion at collapsed New Orleans hotel has been completed
Risque painting at downtown art gallery causes rubber-necking among sidewalk traffic
Some residents unsure of St. George plan, want to be annexed back...