Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese
SACRAMENTO - California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station.
Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.
Authorities did not identify the dead man.
California health officials say the illnesses appear caused by botulism carried in nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station in the Sacramento suburb of Walnut Grove.
Authorities said Friday all 10 people sickened were hospitalized. A spokesman with the California Department of Public Health says the agency is unable to immediately provide updates on their conditions.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Governor recommends wearing a mask indoors amid new COVID surge, some state...
Plaquemine clinic provides vaccines and school supplies for students
Pay problem for Southern professors continues for summer session
Tigerland apartment building at the center of a fourth homicide investigation
SWAT team arrests accused arsonist at Tigerland apartment overnight