Law office building catches fire due to overheated copy machine
BATON ROUGE – A law office building caught fire after a copy machine overheated.
The fire occurred at the Locke Meredith, Sean Fagan & Associates law office at 9190 Interline Avenue on Monday just before 10 p.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find a copy machine on fire on the second floor of the building. The fire was extinguished shortly after, however it caused moderate smoke damage to the building.
The total cost of damage caused by the fire is estimated to be worth around $65,000.
The St. George Fire Department, the Baton Rouge Police Department and EMS were all on scene.
There are no reported injuries at this time.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
First female football player at St. Michael's does double duty
Staffing shortage could affect LSU post-game contraflow plans
Teens allegedly attacked guards with shank while escaping juvenile jail; one still...
News 2 Geaux: New charges for Matthew Mire
News 2 Geaux: Teens escape BR detention center overnight
Fans' Choice Player of the week 6: Central's Glen Cage
Tiger fans frustrated with Coach O after loss in Lexington
Dutchtown running back Dylan Sampson breaks Eddie Lacy's career rushing record
Tackling woes, issues with defense continue to plague LSU in loss to...
LSU loses big to Kentucky, what's next for Tiger football