90°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Large house fire near Government Street sparked by overloaded power strip

2 years 1 month 2 days ago Wednesday, May 11 2022 May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022 3:54 PM May 11, 2022 in News
Source: WBRZ

BATON ROUGE - A home just off Government Street was engulfed in flames after it caught fire Wednesday afternoon.

Fire investigators said an overloaded power strip sparked the fire that demolished the two-story home at the corner of Wisteria Street and S. 17th Street around 1 p.m.

Firefighters said one resident was hurt during the fire and was taken to the hospital. 

The Red Cross was called to help the four displaced occupants. 

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Radar
7 Days