Kids transported to hospital after school bus morning trip, possibly got sickening high
BATON ROUGE - Investigators are working to determine whether a group of high school-aged students ingested drugs - likely marijuana - before getting sick on a school bus, Wednesday morning.
The incident occurred around 8 a.m., near the Beechwood Superintendent Academy, in the Scotlandville area. When the school bus stopped at the school, seven students were evaluated and three were taken to the hospital.
Representatives from Baton Rouge Police, paramedics and the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office responded to the incident. But in the end, deputies with the Sheriff's Office took over the investigation.
All three students were last said to be in stable condition.
A total of seven students were evaluated and only the three were taken to the hospital after the bus driver became concerned and reported to school administrators that they were, "behaving as if they ingested drugs."