House destroyed by extension cord fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said a Baton Rouge home was destroyed in an electrical fire which broke out Sunday afternoon.
Mark Miles with the Baton Rouge Fire Department said the fire at 4816 Gus Young started just after 3 p.m. BRFD crews said when they arrived smoke was pouring out of the front of the house.
Investigators said they later determined an overloaded extension cord started the fire. The fire started in the living room and spread throughout the house.
Firefighters said the home was a total loss, but nobody was hurt.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Family of Allie Rice start 'Live Like Allie' campaign as case is...
More development approved along Burbank corridor despite flooding concerns
Baker bus driver placed on leave claims school system withheld stipend from...
Secretary of State 'researching' voter registration activities at East Baton Rouge field...
More than $40K missing at WBR sheriff's office; employees implicated in growing...
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 3: Scotlandville Covanta Milligan
Saints vs Bucs postgame report