House caught fire before new tenants could finish moving in; Baton Rouge officials investigating
BATON ROUGE - People who just bought a home off Sherwood Forest Boulevard hadn't even finished moving in when the house caught fire Wednesday morning.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said flames erupted at the home on Glenhaven Drive around 8 a.m. Wednesday. Crews arrived to find fire and smoke coming from the kitchen at the back of the home.
The fire was contained in the kitchen, but other parts of the home sustained water and smoke damage. No one was living in the home at the time, but the new tenants were in the process of moving in and just had the electricity turned on at the property Wednesday, according to the fire department.
The fire remains under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
West side welcomes home survivor of fatal police crash Liam Dunn
Baton Rouge NAACP says Louisiana should adopt new procedures after 5 Memphis...
Baton Rouge Green distributes native trees to local households; Sylvia's Valentines accepting...
City plans to roll out Florida Boulevard revitalization over the next 15...
More electric vehicle charging stations coming to Baton Rouge