House catches fire after driver pulled smoking car along side of home
BATON ROUGE - A home caught on fire Tuesday evening after a driver pulled their smoking car next to the house and tried to put the flames out with a water hose.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, one person was in the Charles Street home when it caught on fire shortly after 6 p.m. and was able to make it out safely.
The home was not deemed a total loss, but The Red Cross was called to assist displaced residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Pay raises for police and other city-parish employees approved by Metro Council
Police warning women of pervert around LSU lakes
Bad behavior surrounding drug store dumpster, neighbor's property tainted
After WBRZ report on teacher's child porn arrest, school system admits employee...
After 2-year-old's overdose death, family plans to sue state over DCFS failure