Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Flood survivors must demonstrate continuing need for rental assistance

7 years 5 months 6 days ago Wednesday, January 11 2017 Jan 11, 2017 January 11, 2017 5:10 PM January 11, 2017 in News
Source: WBRZ

BATON ROUGE - August flood survivors who have a continued need for temporary disaster rental assistance must submit paperwork that demonstrates a disaster-related, financial need.

Survivors who received the initial two months of rental assistance may use funds to reimburse expenses for an apartment, house, hotel, or recreational vehicle while they work on long-term housing plans. The temporary assistance covers rental assistance for up to 18 months from the date of declaration.

FEMA mails Continued Temporary Housing Assistance applications to some survivors two weeks after they initially receive two months of rental assistance. Survivors should submit the following paperwork to FEMA to demonstrate an ongoing need for disaster-related housing assistance:

  • A completed CTHA application that FEMA provides.
  • A copy of their lease.
  • Receipts showing the proper use of federal disaster housing assistance.
  • Current household income status.
  • Any household financial obligations.

Survivors who wish to continue temporary housing assistance and have not received a CTHA application should request one by calling FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362.

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
7 Days