Firefighters respond to overnight house fire on Bay St.
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters responded to an overnight house fire on the 1800 block of Bay St. shortly after midnight Sunday.
According to officials, the fire was caused by combustibles placed to close to a barbecue pit. When fire crews arrived on scene, the fire had gone up the exterior wall of the house and into the attic above the kitchen.
Occupants of the house knocked over the barbecue pit that fell into a gas can causing the fire to spread to other combustibles near the house.
No one was injured in the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
After brief pause thanks to Nicholas, East Baton Rouge debris removal resumes
Kenilworth Crossing built in hazard flood zone, concerns date back to 2018
Community Fridge created in Baton Rouge to provide free groceries for people...
Clogged drainage systems possible cause of flash flooding in Baton Rouge as...
LaPlace still cleaning up devastation left by Ida