Firefighters rescue dog from fire at Ave. C near Mills
BATON ROUGE - The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at Avenue C near Mills.
According to BRFD, a pot had been left on the stove.
No one was home at the time of the incident except the dog. Paramedics were seen in an ambulance giving first aid to the dog rescued from the fire.
WBRZ has learned that the dog "Dorothy" is fine.
The house received significant smoke damange. Red Cross was called out to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Park Elementary students return to in class learning after recent spike in...
EBR mayoral race candidates look for last campaign push before Dec. 5...
Officials investigating "suspicious incident" near Scenic Highway as homicide
Local business owners hope for increase in sales on Small Business Saturday
As cases increase healthcare workers see more people getting tested due to...
Port Allen advances to 2nd round after huge win over Pine
U High has no problems with Evangel Christian in first round
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...
Can Taysom Hill continue his success for the Saints?; Fantasy Focus with...