Firefighters find 86-year-old man dead after morning fire in Central
CENTRAL - An 86-year-old man died in a morning house fire Thursday.
The fire was on Brown Road, the Central Fire Department said. It was reported around 8:02 Thursday morning, according to the fire department.
The body of a deceased man who is believed to be the homeowner, was found in the living room as firefighters searched the home.
Central Fire Department has asked for assistance in its investigation from the Baton Rouge Fire Department and the State Fire Marshal.
Watch WBRZ News 2 at Noon and Thursday afternoon starting at 4 p.m. for late-breaking details on the fire and the investigation.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
South Dakota's 2020 Mount Rushmore Fireworks Celebrations
Downtown businesses adjust to new mask mandate before usually busy July 4th...
La. insurance chief believes car insurance rates will drop
COVID-19 causes an increase in fireworks sales this year
Four officers running to replace officer with violent past on the civil...