Fire that destroyed Denham Springs home started in shed; mom & 2 kids unharmed
DENHAM SPRINGS - Investigators believe a two-alarm fire that destroyed a Denham Springs home Monday night started in a shed that was attached to the residence.
Fire investigators said they are looking at whether an electrical short sparked the blaze. The home was a total loss.
The house is on Dove Hollow Drive, off Highway 16 in the Rolling Meadow subdivision.
Clint Ford, a spokesman for Livingston Fire District 4, says they believe the fire began near the carport, but haven't determined a specific cause. He also told News 2's Brett Buffington the department will likely request the help of the State Fire Marshal's Office.
Ford also says a mother and her two children were home when the blaze broke out. All three made it out unharmed. She told firefighters she saw sparks and heard a popping noise in the back of the home, where the family's car was parked.
We'll have more updates as the investigation continues.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Residents along the Amite River have been dealing with flooded roads since...
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Second body recovered miles from lift boat as Coast Guard continues search...
Southern Wins Third Straight Bayou Classic
White squad edges Purple in LSU Spring game
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job