Fire in elderly housing complex caused by unattended frying pan filled with oil, says BRFD
BATON ROUGE - A fire started Saturday after a frying pan filled with cooking oil was left unattended in an elderly housing apartment complex.
Firefighters responded to the scene at Alexander-Harvey Homes on Hollywood Street just before 10 a.m. The apartment where the fire started was a total loss, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department's report.
The other three apartments attached to the unit had minimal to moderate smoke and water damage. All occupants were helped by Red Cross, authorities said.
There were no injuries reported. According to authorities, the fire caused about $140,000 in damages.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Deputies identify suspect who killed neighbor, arrested after barricading himself in home...
Pastor Tony Spell holds first service since court win in March 2020...
Deputies identify suspect in fatal shooting, standoff on W Chalfont Street
Flames consumed vacant home in Sunday morning arson on N Acadian East
Fifth annual Soul Food Festival has big opening day