EBRSO: Woman arrested after overdose in front of daughter in Walgreens
BATON ROUGE - East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested a 35-year-old woman for cruelty to her daughter after overdosing in a Walgreens bathroom.
According to police, the incident occurred on Tuesday around 6:30 p.m. at the Walgreens on Plank Road. Police say that Shannon Dupre was passed out in the bathroom of the store due to an overdose.
According to police, Dupre overdosed on a mixture of heroin, meth, and marijuana. Police say that drug paraphernalia was on the floor next to her when Dupre was found.
A customer located Dupre’s 7-year-old daughter walking around the store crying. Police say that Dupre’s daughter told officers that she was in the bathroom while her mother injected drugs and passed out.
EMS said that Dupre died and was revived with Narcan, an opiate antidote, and then transported to Lane Memorial for treatment.
According to police, Dupre was released from Lane Memorial and booked into parish prison for possession of marijuana, possession of heroin, possession of crystal meth, possession of drug paraphernalia, child desertion, cruelty to juveniles and illegal use of a controlled/dangerous substance in the presence of a juvenile.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
News 2 Geaux: DSNAP Phase 2 applications open to last names beginning...
News 2 Geaux: Governor Edwards to update state on mask mandate
Man tied to missing toddler's death may face additional charges
News 2 Geaux: Two shot in Baker mobile home park
Plans for a new Mississippi River Bridge underway