Latest Weather Blog
Early morning fire causes significant damage to home
BATON ROUGE - A house fire occurred early Sunday morning after a gas can was left too close to a water heater, BRFD said.
The fire occurred sometime before 8 a.m., when crews were sent to Bayberry Ave. to extinguish the blaze. The fire began in a utility room under the car port and spread into the living room of the home.
BRFD said about $120,000 is estimated in total damage due to the fire. Four people were inside when fire started according to BRFD. All are expected to be safe.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Debris truck pulls down power lines, leaves part of residential road closed
Pay raises for EBR educators a hot topic in heated town hall...
Roofing company losing business over name confusion
Bill creating task force to study high-speed police chases passes in House,...
United Cajun Navy explains why agencies suspended search for missing U-High grad
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season
A candid conversation with Kim Mulkey - Watch the half-hour special on...
Channel 2's Best Bet$: NBA Playoffs