Dogs, hedgehog rescued from Baton Rouge house fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters had to run into a burning home to rescue multiple pets Wednesday.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the fire started around 10:30 a.m. on Lobelia Avenue, just off Choctaw Drive. Investigators later determined the flames were sparked by a "mechanical malfunction" in a vehicle parked under the home's carport.
Three residents escaped the home without serious injuries, but one of them reportedly suffered burns to their arms while trying to save the animals. Firefighters were later able to rescue two dogs and a hedgehog from inside the home.
The fire department said a pet snake was later found dead inside.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Second-annual 225 Festival celebrating capital region culture happening Sunday
Tiger fans storm the court after upset win against No. 17 Kentucky
Ascension Parish student heading to national welding competition
Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy says he is against sending national guard troops...
In response to deadly car jacking, Louisiana lawmaker proposes bill increasing penalties