Carbon monoxide leak at nursing home sends 5 to hospital; building partially evacuated
BATON ROUGE - Several nursing home residents and workers fell ill after a carbon monoxide leak at a Baton Rouge facility Tuesday.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the incident was reported around 10:45 a.m. at the Sterling Place Nursing Home on North Boulevard. The department said at least five people, four residents and an employee, were taken to a hospital for treatment.
The department said a Hazmat crew determined a boiler vent pipe was leaking carbon monoxide on the fourth floor of the facility. The entire floor was evacuated, and the boiler was shut off.
The conditions of the victims are unknown at this time.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
After owners' sex crime arrests, Tiki Tubing no longer plans to open...
Orange Beach to beef up safety protocols ahead of memorial day weekend
Hurricane Ida recap - 1 Year Later
Annual service held for fallen law enforcement officers in Baton Rouge
Texas governor: 15 killed in school shooting; gunman dead
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"
VIDEO: Former Tigers and Saints receiver Devery Henderson talks with Corey Rholdon...