Calumet Street house fire caused by pot left on stove
BATON ROUGE - Crews responded to a house fire in the 3100 block of Calumet Street on Tuesday morning.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire started in the kitchen of the home. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to that room of the home, however the rest of the home received smoke damage.
According to the fire department, the house received an estimated $20,000 worth of damages.
One resident of the home was transported to a local hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
According to the department, the fire was caused by a pot left on the stove.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Metro Council to discuss new measures related to downtown library
Man arrested, charged with manslaughter in nurse's death
14-year-old boy killed in overnight Plaquemine shooting, deputies investigating
Juvenile killed in overnight Plaquemine shooting, deputies investigating
Antelope jumps fence, prompts brief shutdown at Baton Rouge Zoo
Tiger fans pumped for LSU's new athletic director
LSU introduces Scott Woodward as university's new athletics director
Coach O talks new AD Scott Wooodward, Joe Alleva's exit
LSU Gymnastics Prepares for NCAA Championship Final
Baton Rouge native said to replace Joe Alleva as LSU Athletics Director