BRFD: Unattended frying pan started fire that destroyed home
BATON ROUGE - A home along Hollywood Street was burned to the ground shortly before noon Saturday when an occupant was frying food and left the burner unattended.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the person was cooking in the garage of the home. The other residents realized the garage was on fire and ran out of the home.
Firefighters said the fire moved from the garage to the living room and investigators said the building was a total loss.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Last chance: Our final opportunity to see a solar eclipse for decades
$160 million grant to go toward funding Louisiana's energy transition, creating new...
EBR mosquito abatement booked up with house calls until April
Mayor Sharon Weston Broome announces homeless shelter initiatives
Family upset after man present at woman's drug-related overdose death given probation