Area utility worker rescued after being shocked, stranded at top of pole
ANGOLA – A utility worker was shocked by an electric volt while working at the top of a utility pole Friday morning, authorities released in a Facebook post.
The West Feliciana Parish Fire District 1 reported the worker was shocked around 5:45 and was stranded at the top of the pole. Firefighters arrived and after about 30 minutes, were able to rescue the worker.
The West Feliciana Parish Sheriff's Office and Angola State Penitentiary first responders assisted, the department said.
The shocked utility worker was rushed to the hospital with moderate injuries. A second worker was hospitalized with heat exhaustion and cramps, authorities said.
A specific location of where this happened was not released.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
School shooting in Russia kills 8
Another delay in vote to legalize marijuana in Louisiana, bill to be...
As Colonial Pipeline remains offline, 'spotted' fuel outages possible at La. gas...
As businesses struggle to hire workers, organization pushes for end to federal...
Woman shot after finding burglar outside her home; latest in rash of...
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76