Firefighters responding to large house fire near Government Street
BATON ROUGE - A home just off Government Street was engulfed in flames after it caught fire Wednesday afternoon.
Fire investigators said an overloaded power strip sparked the fire that demolished the two-story home at the corner of Wisteria Street and S. 17th Street around 1 p.m.
Firefighters said one resident was hurt during the fire and was taken to the hospital.
The Red Cross was called to help the four displaced occupants.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Crews contain natural gas leak on LSU campus Thursday afternoon
Workers find crack in Sunshine Bridge; road partially closed until further notice
Judge declares mistrial after jury fails to reach decision in beloved baseball...
Stretch of Nicholson Drive shut down as crews investigate gas leak Thursday...
Private plane crash-lands near BR airport after reported engine failure
WATCH: LSU QB Garrett Nussmeier talks to media about fall camp
WATCH: LSU QB Jayden Daniels talks fall camp
LSU QB Myles Brennan quitting football, not at practice Monday morning
Sports2's 1-on-1 with 5 star LSU commit Shelton Sampson
WATCH: 1-on-1 with recent LSU commit QB Rickie Collins