One injured escaping blaze at Catherine Street home
BATON ROUGE – Paramedics rushed a patient to the hospital after they were injured escaping a blaze at a home Sunday morning.
A Baton Rouge Fire Department official said the fire in the 10500 block of Catherine Street started around 2 a.m. because of an electrical short in a bathroom.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find fire in the bathroom and bedroom of the home.
Two people were inside during the blaze, according to officials. One resident was injured while escaping. Sources said the patient suffered non life-threatening burns. They were transported to a local hospital.
Firefighters said the fire was quickly extinguished. The Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Hundreds expected to travel via the BR Airport on Thanksgiving Eve
La. falls back to 'revised' Phase 2 on Wednesday; see the restrictions...
Spike in COVID-19 cases, holiday season results in increased demand for testing
Business teams up with local officials to hand out 800 Thanksgiving turkeys
School officials reviewing phase 2 restrictions over Thanksgiving break
Catholic freshman Daniel Beale has been thrown into super stardom thanks to...
Can Jameis Winston lead this Saints offense?; Fantasy Focus Week 11 with...
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2020: Week 7 - Baylor Langlois
Clay Polk is Central football's master of mystery
Late defensive stands and timely passing give Catholic 27-21 win over Acadiana