Maintenance worker suffers electrical shock in accident at Capitol Monday, rushed to hospital
BATON ROUGE - On Monday (Dec. 21) morning, first responders rushed to the State Capitol building when a maintenance employee was shocked in an electrical accident shortly after 9 a.m.
Sources told WBRZ that the employee, tasked with seeing to the building's wiring system, was in the process of working on it when he was hurt.
The injured employee is reportedly awake and expected to recover. Officials say he was rushed to the hospital shortly after the incident.
At this time, the worker's name has not been disclosed.
According to the United States Department of Labor, electrocution has been one of the leading causes of on-the-job deaths among construction workers for years. In 2018, it caused 8.5% of the industry's 4,779 deaths.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Car removed from bayou after overnight crash
Surveillance video shows vehicle crashing into bayou
Sheriff's office looking for burglars seen roaming Central suburbs
Deputies searching Iberville Parish waterway for car that went underwater
United States Police Canine Association region 10 trials
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76