Grease fire burns apartment near Mckinley High School
BATON ROUGE - A grease fire was ignited by an overflowing pot at a Baton Rouge apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.
Fire crews were called to 650 W. Mckinley St. around 6:15 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the kitchen of an apartment. The sprinkler system had activated and kept the fire from spreading. Another apartment received water damage from sprinklers activating.
The fire was under control within 15 minutes. Investigators are estimating $120,000 in damages.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Thousands gather the streets for the 40th Spanish Town parade
Anticipation grows as residents prepare for Spanish Town Parade
Krewe of Southdowns returns to the Roaring 20s
Sheriff's office investigating incident between students inside school restroom
Louisiana NAACP demands immediate resignation of judge over racist messages following WBRZ...