Family of 10 displaced by overnight stove fire
BATON ROUGE - Investigators say an unattended stove is to blame for a house fire that left 10 people without a home Thursday night.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to the blaze on Osborne Street near N Foster Drive around 7:40 p.m. Firefighters arrived in time to see flames bursting out of the windows of the home.
The house was fully engulfed in flames before crews finally managed to bring it under control around 8:10 p.m.
A family of 10 living in the residence was alerted by smoke alarms and evacuated the home without injuries.
The house received heavy fire damage.
Red Cross was called to assist the victims.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Planning Commission denies proposal to designate Beauregard Town as historic district
Major drainage project underway in Central
Woman says secret camera was hidden in bathroom for years, disguised as...
Governor calls recent tragedies at DCFS 'real failure'
Hammerhead shark thrashes around just feet from Gulf Coast beachgoers
WATCH: LSU QB Garrett Nussmeier talks to media about fall camp
WATCH: LSU QB Jayden Daniels talks fall camp
LSU QB Myles Brennan quitting football, not at practice Monday morning
Sports2's 1-on-1 with 5 star LSU commit Shelton Sampson
WATCH: 1-on-1 with recent LSU commit QB Rickie Collins