Electrical fire starts at Baton Rouge home after power came back on
BATON ROUGE - A house caught on fire after the power was restored, and fire officials believe it was caused by an electrical malfunction once the electricity was repaired.
Baton Rouge Fire Department said a home on Oak Forest Avenue caught fire on Friday afternoon, shortly after the power came back on in the area.
Fire officials said two of the residents were outside, talking to neighbors about the power coming back on when they noticed smoke coming from the roof of their home.
The home sustained heavy smoke and water damage, but there were no injuries.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Prostate Cancer Awareness Month - Hear from a survivor
Accused killer back in jail Saturday after allegedly committing drive-by shooting while...
18-year-old from Gonzales died in hospital after shooting on Avenue H
Parishes unite to clean the Amite and Comite rivers, locals still left...
Generational home faced with next-door eyesore amid city's blight initiative
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 3: Scotlandville Covanta Milligan
Saints vs Bucs postgame report