Boy dies after touching electrified fence in Georgia park
AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) - A boy has died after touching a fence that became electrified at a park in east Georgia.
News outlets report 12-year-old Melquan Robinson was at football practice Monday evening in an Augusta park when he grabbed the chain-link fence that had been electrified by a live wire.
Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen says Melquan was electrocuted. A county sheriff's office report says two boys and one adult were also injured.
Sheriff's deputies say Melquan had climbed the fence to retrieve a football. They say the two other children were shocked when they tried to pull Melquan down.
Bowen says authorities are investigating and the city will focus on how the wire energized the fence.
County schools Director of Communications Kaden Jacobs says Melquan was a seventh-grader.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Car linked to suspect in Lafayette triple murder found in Iberville Parish
Walker man shot to death Tuesday after physical fight escalated, police say
Feds say an upscale home on East Lakeshore drive was the center...
Hammond home invaders attempted to execute 7-year-old; police say gun misfired
Now that new Livingston Parish development has passed, what's the plan for...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League