Overnight house fire reported on Virginia Street
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials say a home is a considered a total loss after an overnight fire.
The blaze was reported around 3:12 a.m. Monday at a home at the corner of Virginia Street and East Harrison Street. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the vacant home engulfed in flames.
Crews protected an adjacent home that had begun to smolder due to the intense heat. Firefighters were able to save that home.
The home where the fire started was destroyed. Officials say the case of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
East Baton Rouge Mosquito Abatement and Rodent Control waiting for bids on...
Sheriff: Man was carrying infant when he shot victim in Ascension Parish,...
Horse collapsed, died in front of Southern University Law Center
Years after fleeing US, man goes to trial for wife's 2011 murder...
Property floods for third time in five months, parish work was supposed...