Virginia Street home considered total loss after overnight fire
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials say a home is a considered a total loss after an overnight fire.
The blaze was reported around 3:12 a.m. Monday at a home at the corner of Virginia Street and East Harrison Street. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the vacant home engulfed in flames.
Crews protected an adjacent home that had begun to smolder due to the intense heat. Firefighters were able to save that home.
The home where the fire started was destroyed. Officials say the case of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
'I do' at the zoo: Baton Rouge Zoo will now host weddings
New proposal would allow surveillance cameras in special needs classes
More than a dozen alleged drug dealers arrested in 8-month investigation
Abandoned horse left to die, found burned in vacant Baton Rouge city...
Local business shows off 'fishy' take on Mardi Gras delicacy