Downed powerline sparks vacant house fire amid afternoon downpour
BATON ROUGE- The Baton Rouge Fire Department battled a blaze in Southdowns Wednesday afternoon when a power line snapped from heavy winds.
A vacant house on 4540 Hyacinth Ave. went up in flames around 4:30 p.m. during a heavy downpour.
Firefighters arrived on the scene to find heavy smoke coming from the home and were able to extinguish the flames in about 25 minutes.
The fire did not spread and was contained to the empty house.
No injuries were reported during the blaze.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Cluster of abandoned cars on Bluebonnet Boulevard
Interview: EBR Mayor asks locals to send in pictures of areas with...
Road conditions amid May 2021 flooding in EBR
Popular rapper, Boosie, speaks with WBRZ from BR airport as it becomes...
Flash flood watch in BR, surrounding areas issued until Wednesday afternoon
Catholic lacrosse feeling confident despite loss in state championship
Cole Kelley wins Walter Payton Award
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search