Woman injured in fire Monday morning in BR
BATON ROUGE - A kitchen fire injured the resident of a home in Baton Rouge around lunchtime Monday.
Firefighters said they were called to a fire on North 25th Street after a person left a pot on the stove, sparking the fire. The person in the home had trouble getting out alone and neighbors rushed into the smoke-filled home to help evacuate the woman.
Firefighters said when they arrived on the scene, the good Samaritans had helped the woman to a doorway where firefighters pulled her out of the home.
The unidentified woman was taken to the hospital.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Mayor Broome on 2une In
Rouses Markets Donating Dairy Products to Southern
Last chance: Our final opportunity to see a solar eclipse for decades
$160 million grant to go toward funding Louisiana's energy transition, creating new...
EBR mosquito abatement booked up with house calls until April