Welding machine malfunctions, sparks fire at local auto center
BATON ROUGE - Swift action by firefighters saved an auto shop Monday evening.
Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department were called to Arnold's Car Care Center on Greenwell Springs Road around 6:30 p.m. Monday. Firefighters arrived on scene and found smoke coming from the building.
Fire officials say the blaze started after a welding machine malfunctioned, then went up in flames. The fire was contained within 10 minutes.
The estimated cost of damaged is totaled at $3,000.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Researchers find pandemic's impact on mental health, chronic health conditions beyond virus
LSU reconsidering plans for virtual commencement after student backlash
Alcohol sales return to Tiger Stadium for LSU's second home game Saturday
La. legislature files petition to end governor's COVID restrictions
Rep. Garret Graves: Americans unlikely to receive stimulus before Nov. 3 Election...