Veterinarian: Bulldog swallowed 19 baby pacifiers
BOSTON (AP) - A Boston veterinary hospital got quite a surprise recently when a family brought in their bulldog after he stopped eating.
The Angell Animal Medical Center found 19 baby pacifiers in the dog's stomach. It started in April when the Wellesley family noticed that their 3-year-old dog, Mortimer, started getting nauseous before meals.
His owner, Emily Shanahan, brought Mortimer to the vet, who prescribed medicine to take care of the issue. But it didn't help and Mortimer eventually stopped eating entirely.
Shanahan went to Angell, where they took an X-ray and discovered the pacifiers. Vets think Mortimer had been taking the pacifiers from Shanahan's two children over the course of months.
The pacifiers were removed using a medical scope that did not require surgery. Mortimer recovered and is back at home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
District Court Judge Christopher Dassau found dead after welfare check Sunday
Semi-truck fire leaves right two lanes on eastbound I-12 blocked Sunday afternoon
Louisiana Marathon kicks off Saturday with 5K race
Iberville deputy involved in crashes on I-10 Sunday morning; all lanes now...
Snow flurries in Gonzales, LA - Jacob Templet
Gage Larvadain staying busy while doing two sports at Southeastern
Southeastern downs Tougaloo 77-72 for fourth straight win
Kevin Faulk recounts glory days and trying times
Liberty edges Madison Prep in electric atmosphere 58-53
Dorian Booker growing into body, new role with Scotlandville