Use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine resumes in New York
NEW YORK (AP) — Use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is starting up again in New York after federal authorities announced they were lifting a pause on the shots.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said on Saturday that government-run sites had started offering the vaccine again. The state had halted its use last week based on recommendations of U.S health officials who were investigating reports over rare but potentially dangerous blood clots related to the shots.
The Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Friday that they had completed a review of the vaccine that cleared it for use.
New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio said on Saturday that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was again being offered at the city’s new mobile and pop-up sites. He encouraged unvaccinated New Yorkers to get the one-shot dose, calling it “safe and effective.”
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Two dead in triple-shooting during family gathering in New Roads
Amazon hopes to bring jobs, business to the capital area with new...
BR mayor meets with feds in New Orleans to view storm aftermath
BRPD officer hit by drunk driver back home nearly a month later
Afghan refugees expected to start arriving in Baton Rouge by end of...