Latest Weather Blog
Unattended pot causes house fire that claims life of pet
CENTRAL – Central fire crews responded to a house fire in the 7500 block of Droze Road that claimed the life of a pet on Tuesday afternoon.
Crews were able to get the fire under control in about 15 minutes after responding to the call at 3 p.m.
One dog was saved from the fire, however another dog was not able to be rescued.
According to the Central Fire Department, the fire was caused by an unattended pot on the stove. The East Side Fire Department and District Six Fire Department assisted.
The Baton Rouge Red Cross also assisted the displaced family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One person injured in reported shooting on O'Neal Lane
One person killed, two others hurt in shooting on Prescott Court
New Baton Rouge casino almost complete, 100 job openings need to be...
Sarasota Drive bridge reopened after nearly a year of construction
Board approves increased 911 fees for EBR; new rates take effect as...
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season
A candid conversation with Kim Mulkey - Watch the half-hour special on...
Channel 2's Best Bet$: NBA Playoffs