Three pets killed in house fire caused by faulty wiring
CENTRAL- Authorities say that three pets were killed in an early morning house fire.
The fire occurred at a home in the 10900 block of Ridge Road just before 2:30 a.m. Thursday. The Central Fire Department says smoke detectors alerted the family to the fire, which started in the kitchen.
Two adults and four children made it out of the home safely, but two cats and a bird were killed. Firefighters rescued a third cat and administered oxygen to the animal before it was returned to the family.
Crews were able to control the fire and limited fire damage to the kitchen area. The rest of the home only suffered smoke damage.
Authorities say the cause of the fire appeared to be faulty wiring in a kitchen wall.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Livingston residents are still experiencing flooding issues
A federally-backed mass vaccination site opened up at Bon Carre Business Center...
Residents along the Amite River have been dealing with flooded roads since...
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76
Southern Wins Third Straight Bayou Classic
White squad edges Purple in LSU Spring game
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...