Texas firefighters save more than 100 snakes from house fire
CONROE, Texas (AP) - Firefighters in Texas have rescued more than 100 snakes from a home that caught fire over the weekend.
Authorities say a Christmas tree may have sparked the blaze Saturday near Conroe, about 40 miles north of Houston. The snakes included pythons and boa constrictors.
Authorities say that when firefighters arrived, they discovered a second-floor bedroom full of snakes and lizards.
Firefighters from Caney Creek and other responders carefully brought the snakes outside to safety, though authorities say "a couple" lizards died in the fire.
Houston TV station KTRK reports that the homeowners weren't at the house at the time of the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Deputies: Denham Springs man found hiding in teen's closet charged with multiple...
Mayor's office says ATC will honor opt-in status for EBR, bars can...
Fence company owner apologizes, plans to answer to warrants
State health officials brace for troublesome cold, flu season amid coronavirus pandemic
Bar owners disciplined for violating restrictions plead for state to lift suspensions
Recruiting look at local WR's Chris Hilton and Brian Thomas
Friday Night Blitz: Week 1 09-25-2020
LSU changing the recruiting game with prospect led visits
LSU football returns Saturday with no tailgating, 25% capacity in Death Valley
What you need to know before you geaux to Tiger Stadium