Students evacuated after gas line ruptures at school
PRAIRIEVILLE - School administrators said a gas line break at Oak Grove Primary in Prairieville forced them to shelter students for a time until they could evacuate them from the campus.
The school said the break in the gas line happened during construction on the campus Tuesday afternoon. Nobody was hurt.
Parents coming to pick children up are being diverted by law enforcement to an alternate pick-up point while emergency responders monitor and fix the gas line. The school said students riding buses will be brought home on their normal route.
The incident happened on the last day of classes before the Christmas break, according to a school spokesperson, who said parents were also notified through the district's emergency alert system.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Flu shots readily available during Ochsner's 'Flu Shot Fair'
Helicopter jammed under I-12 overpass removed
K-9 'Kane' passes away from unexpected illness
Troubled BRPD officer implicated in 'Brave Cave' lawsuit arrested on simple battery...
House fire that caused thousands in damages Wednesday night reignites early Thursday