Space heater sparks house fire on Sumrall Drive
BATON ROUGE - Paramedics responded to a reported house fire with injuries in Baton Rouge Friday afternoon.
The fire was reported shortly after 1 p.m. in the 4000 block of Sumrall Drive. Although injuries were initially reported, no one was hurt.
The fire department believes the fire was caused by a space heater left too close to combustible material.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Trying to keep cool during another heat advisory weekend
Governor considering mask mandate as hospitals beg for help in latest COVID...
Nearly a year after her son's heat-related death, Denham Springs mom on...
Pest control company explains how to avoid home infestations during summer heat
Nakamoto: Racist behavior under investigation at State Police; internal documents show it...