Pot on stove causes apartment fire on Red Oak Drive
BATON ROUGE – Firefighters say a pot left on a stove caused an apartment fire on Red Oaks Drive in Baton Rouge Tuesday night.
The fire happened around 8:12 p.m. Tuesday in the 10900 block of Red Oaks Drive. Fire crews were able to contain the fire to a single apartment.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department says the apartment received heavy smoke damage. The fire caused $80,000 in damages and the Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Governor considering mask mandate as hospitals beg for help in latest COVID...
Nearly a year after her son's heat-related death, Denham Springs mom on...
Pest control company explains how to avoid home infestations during summer heat
Nakamoto: Racist behavior under investigation at State Police; internal documents show it...
2-year-old found dehydrated in BR apartment days after mother died