Latest Weather Blog
Malfunctioning air conditioner sparks fire, partially burns home
BATON ROUGE - A home was burned Sunday afternoon when the air conditioner malfunctioned and sparked a fire.
Baton Rouge firefighters went to the home on Harvey Drive around 3:30 p.m. Fire officials said all three residents were out of the house and unharmed by the fire.
Fire officials said the fire was contained to one rear wall, but the whole house sustained smoke and water damage.
The Red Cross was called to assist the displaced residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Blood drive, market benefits family of Denham Springs officer who died after...
3-year-old killed in UTV accident in Port Allen
Proposed bill aims get rid of parole for 'dangerous offenders'
Suspected gunman found hiding in woods after day-long manhunt in Zachary
Officer Shawn Kelly dies in hospital weeks after shootout at Denham Springs...
LSU baseball prepares for NCAA Regional play
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season
A candid conversation with Kim Mulkey - Watch the half-hour special on...